Our policies were designed with fairness and simplicity in mind.
We're happy to answer any questions you have about terms and conditions.
Our Master Services Agreement is available for anyone who wants to see it. The MSA contains the terms and conditions for Pilot's services.
Updated October 2018
Pilot respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Unlike many other ISPs, Pilot does not harvest or sell our customers’ data when they use our services to connect to the Internet (“Services”). When customers use our Services, we collect only customers’ anonymized, aggregated data to manage network traffic, and do not store that data longer than we need to. This network data is not used to identify a customers’ online activities, monitor the websites they visit, or track the emails they send.
This policy describes the types of information Pilot may collect from you or that you may provide to us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information Pilot collects:
• When using Pilot Services
• In email, text, and other electronic communications between you and Pilot
• Through Pilot's website (the "Website")
It does not apply to information:
• We collect offline, outside of the Website and Services, or via other means
1. Privacy of Minors
Pilot does not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information to the extent reasonably practicable.
2. Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of this data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personally Identifiable Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personally Identifiable Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personally Identifiable Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. Pilot reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and services in connection with customer accounts, including information:that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, your router’s MAC address, company name, or account information; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Pilot may collect information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to or contact Pilot, via online surveys, forms, or other means;
• Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies;
• From third parties (for example Google Analytics) to track and analyze data from our website; orFrom our business partners in relation to customer or prospective customer accounts.
3. Use of your Personal Information
Pilot uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network.
• Identify you as a user in our system.
• Provide improved administration of our Website and Services.Provide the Services you request.Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services.
• Send you a e-mails to verify ownership of the e-mail address and provide security or support and maintenance advisories.
• Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
• To make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback.
• To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Pilot.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose aggregate and Anonymous Information without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pilot’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Pilot about our Website users or customers is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.With your consent.
Pilot may disclose Personal Information if it believes that such disclosure is necessary:
• To comply with any court order, law, legal investigation, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, within the narrow scope of that request.
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, Service Level Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy and other agreements and policies located at www.pilotfiber.com/legal, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pilot, our employees, our customers, or others.
5. Third Party Websites
Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you Service related communication.
Changes to Personal Information.
You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account by editing your Account settings or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain such information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. We do not alter our practices in response to “Do Not Track” requests.
7. Security of Your Personally Identifiable Information.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however.
8. Contact Information
Pilot Fiber, Inc. 325 Hudson St., Floor 10, New York, NY 10013email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable Use Policy
Our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) outlines what you can and cannot do when using Pilot's services (the “Service(s)”), and what the responsibilities are of individuals who access the Services.
Prohibited Uses of Pilot's Services
Public Servers and Proxies: Unless permitted in writing, you cannot operate a server or program which makes a Service available to the general public. You also cannot use Pilot's services to host servers or programs on behalf of others in exchange for compensation, (ie. running a web hosting company) without Pilot’s prior written consent. Any servers or programs that are to be used solely within your organization are permitted.
Spamming: You cannot send unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages using our services. In other words, don't spam. If you are sending bulk e-mail of any kind, you must maintain complete and accurate records of both Opt-In and Opt-Out requests. Sending "Opt-Out" only email is strictly prohibited and is considered unsolicited.
Copyright Infringement: right Infringement:You cannot engage in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property of others. This includes but is not limited to copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patented content.
Obscene Content: You cannot transmit or distribute any material which violates any applicable law or regulation. Using Pilot's network to advertise, transmit, post, display, or otherwise make available child pornography or obscene material is prohibited. While we will never prohibit any material allowed by law or protected by your First Amendment rights, we are required by law to notify law enforcement agencies when we become aware of the presence of child pornography being transmitted through our network.
Defamatory or Abusive Language: Defamatory or Abusive Language:You cannot use our services as a means to transmit or post defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening language.
Forging Headers or Content: You cannot forge or misrepresent packet or message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the content. In addition, you cannot forge or misrepresent any data with false or misleading content.
Illegal or Unauthorized Access: Hacking is not allowed. You may not access computers, accounts, or networks belonging to any other party illegally or without authorization. We do not permit the utilization of network scanning utilities unless authorized in advance. You are prohibited from attempting to disrupt, degrade, impair, or otherwise violate the integrity of our services or the computers, accounts, or networks of any other party. You may not engage in any activity that could potentially result in the 'blacklisting' of any Pilot IP addresses.
Technology Exploitation: You cannot attempt to exploit any scripts presented on web pages, or perform any activities that disrupt the use of or otherwise interfere with the ability of others to use our services.
Export Control Violations: You are not permitted to export encryption software over the internet, or otherwise in violation of ITAR to points outside of the USA.
Malicious Activities: You cannot send internet viruses, worms, or trojan horses. In addition, the coordination of denial of service attacks, SYN floods, or mail bombs is expressly prohibited. In a broader context, we prohibit any activities that will interfere with or disrupt how other users can use our services. We also prohibit any activities that can be harmful to or interfere with third party networks, equipment, websites, or applications.
No phishing or pharming: Simulating or emulating communications from and/or to a website of a third party for the purpose of collecting identifiable information, authentication credentials, or any other information from a legitimate user is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, using malware or DNS cache poisoning to wrongfully redirect a user to a simulated service is also prohibited.
Any illegal activity: You are not permitted to engage in any activities that are determined to be illegal, including but not limited to: advertising, transmitting, pyramid schemes, credit card fraud, and pirating software.
Your responsibilities as a user:
You are solely responsible for any material that you either access or distribute using our service. You are also solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your credentials and network. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your services, breach of security, or should you become aware of any violations to this AUP by any person. Violation of this AUP or applicable laws or regulations may subject you to immediate termination.
Pilot will respond in a quick and efficient manner to process and investigate all notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, we will make reasonable efforts to notify subscribers of alleged copyright violations, and when under our control, we will remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringement and will remove or disable access to any reference or linkage to the material or activity claimed to be infringing. We will terminate the services of Subscribers whom are repeat infringers.Should you believe that copyrighted work has been illegally copied and is accessible via our services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing us with the information required by Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 USCA 512). Notices of claimed infringement should be sent to: Legal Department, Pilot Fiber, Inc., 325 Hudson Street, Floor 10, New York NY 10013 or via email to: email@example.com.